Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Chuck Taylor




Yep that’s right, the girls are sporting their Converse Chuck Taylor All-Stars with their pink smocked dresses. I think that’s it, we have reached the pinnacle of cuteness, it can only go down from here. (Except maybe 4 twin girls in Chuck Taylors-that could win) Grandmothurrr Wood (or may-mommy) is in town this week and what does that mean? MORE SHOES!!! (hence the Chuck Taylors). I know what you’re thinking, “Really, Melissa Wood purchased those shoes and then even authorized the wearing of them with smocked dresses no less?” I know, its shocking. But I think Rocky Balboa nailed it when he defeated the mighty Russian Ivan Drago and addressed the Russian audience (including the Politburo), “If I can change, and if you can change, then EVERYBODY CAN CHANGE.” (By the way, that movie was released in 1985, Me-thinks Rocky was a prophet new inspired) Next thing you know, mom is gonna be buying FUBU for Little Halsey and James, and go blond. (wow, in informing you of the girls’ new kicks I referenced Rocky, the Fall of Communism, Shakespeare, and Hip-Hop Culture).
Any way, the big girls are doing great. Mary Walton is our people-person and Shelby is our responsible engineer. (I wonder if their personality differences are more obvious to us than the casual and less frequent observer, you’ll have to let us know.) We are trying to learn how to share our toys, with varying success.
Elizabeth is doing alright. She is pretty steenking worn out and has serious cabin-fever from being couch-bound for so long. We can’t wait to get these babies out. Our big concern right now is: Can we get the Bama games taped? And, will we be able to avoid hearing the score before we get to watch them?

BR

1 comment:

Aunt Nissy said...

So, I guess I'm already setting fasion trends for the twins. That really makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I guess I'm destined to be the favorite aunt.