Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Brocolli water and baby smiles

Britton is wearing white (and Mary Walton has the white bow)
Katherine is wearing pink (and Shelby has the pink bow)

Tonight at supper, after a week or so of terrible supper experiences (where 3 yr olds sit at the table for over an hour in front of their bowl of whatever, until they take 3 bites for freedom), I served a favorite dish...frozen cheese pizza and brocolli (the frozen part applies to the brocolli as well). I was draining the brocolli (after "steaming" it in the microwave) and the big girls called out, "Mommy, what are you doing???" (you know, 3 yr olds like to ask questions sometimes.) I said, "I'm pouring out this brocolli water into the sink"...to which they replied, "may I have some broc-a-yee water?" (you can see where this is going) They proceeded to down not one, not two, but THREE teacups each (princess teacups, of course) of "brocolli water" with little brocolli bits floating in it. Unbelievable. You know, I had heard that when you boil vegetables, all the vitamins go in that water...well, problem solved. We have the most granola children...maybe some of that vegetable lovin' can rub off on the parents?

6 comments:

Erica said...

that is hilarious! too cute liz!
you're girls are the most adorable.

EBW said...

Your life is way too much fun..I'm laughing out LOUD at this...how genius! You should market that!

Abby said...

I love it! Kids are sooo funny. We are looking forward to having some of our own some day. Thanks for sharing.

Ashley said...

hey, elizabeth- i LOVE little britton's smile in the first picture! and shelby and mary walton in their fluffy dresses are too cute. girls must be so fun that way! i wish i could play dress up with little parker. trying to get any clothes on him is horrible. i really think he would be content if i just let him run around naked!

Kitty Brown said...

Too cute -- I think they've got a marketable product on their hands!

Adaline said...

We had green tea for a tea party today, but it wasn't that green. I'll try that greener tea next time! I'm thinking my twins won't fall for it...